Whether you’re a business owner or a full-time marketer, there’s a lot to get done! Not to mention the time-consuming task of content creation, which is essential in building and maintaining a successful online presence.
So where do you start? Well, that’s where content repurposing comes in.
What is Content Repurposing?
Content repurposing is when you re-use existing content and present it in a new format to expand its reach and lifespan.
Is Content Repurposing Just Duplicate Content?
At first, you might think that content repurposing is just copying existing content and using again, but this is wrong. Content repurposing means that you are re-working the essence of the content and presenting in a new way, with updated content tweaking and even presenting the content to s new market.
Why Should I Repurpose Content?
Well, there’s no bigger reason to repurpose content than to save time! If you’re short on time but need a blog article in a hurry – look at what already exists.
The great thing about content repurposing is that you can:
- Select a hot topic with data that already exists;
- Look to the past for successful content and re-purpose it for the ‘now’;
- Compile a combination of the above to form a new, more informative blog post, ebook or whitepaper.
With content repurposing, it’s simply a matter of using what already exists!
How Do I Repurpose Content?
Now that you’re armed with all you need to know about content repurposing, it’s time to dig into some quick and easy examples that you can sink your teeth into immediately!
Here are just 10 easy content repurposing ideas we know you’ll use:
- Create text transcripts for your videos
- Extract quotes from existing content
- Turn your blog posts into videos using YouTube
- Create an Ebook from existing content
- Create a Case Study using internal data
- Turn any of your existing content into a Podcast
- Use statistics and turn them into an Infographic
- Create an e-newsletter sharing a short list of your ‘best blog posts of the year’
- Update old blog posts and promote these again
- Publish as a guest blogger on external websites